Year 5 2019 - 2020
Voyager Class Teacher
TGV Class Teacher
Welcome to Year 5!
If you are in Voyager Class, your Class Teacher is Mrs Kelly. If you are in TGV Class, your Class Teacher is Mrs Salisbury. Year 5 Classes are supported by Miss Taylor, Mrs Wilks and Mrs Allan, our Teaching Assistants.
Key Information for Autumn Term
Whilst we will do our utmost to provide as safe an environment for pupils as we can, we remain in an unprecedented situation. We aim to be very clear and honest about what provision will look like to support families.
- Children should wear full uniform and black school shoes.
- Children should not need to bring bags, pencil cases, PE kits, lunch boxes or other personal items to school.
- Children should bring a water bottle with their name marked on it.
- Children will be in their class groups and will stay in their class groups for the day, including break and lunch times.
- Children will be provided with their own pens, pencil etc for use in school.
- School lunches will be packed lunches for the first half of the term.
- If bringing a snack or packed lunch from home, please send in a disposable paper bag, not a lunch box.
- Staff will encourage hand hygiene and positive hygiene practices throughout the day.
Children will normally receive Spellings, Timetables and My Maths homework on a Friday which should be completed and returned to school the following Tuesday to be marked. Holiday homework is project-based.
If your child is finding any part of it difficult, encourage them to use a dictionary or the internet for help. Alternatively, they can ask their Class Teacher who will be happy to help!
Useful Websites for Additional Learning
Children will have PE twice a week. Your child will need a full PE kit from the beginning of the academic year. The PE kit is normally kept in school on the children’s peg and sent home at the end of every half-term to be washed, however during the Autumn Term, children are not to bring their kit to school due to the measures we are taking to minimise the risk of coronavirus in school. Instead, parents will be informed of the days in which children are to wear appropriate sport wear to school for the whole day.
Year 5 children also have swimming lessons. A letter will be sent home to give details of when they start. Your child will require an appropriate swimming costume, a swimming cap and googles if needed, and a towel.
PM - Voyager
PM - TGV
PM - Voyager
PM - TGV
|Homework||My Maths/Spag.com/Timestables Rockstars/Spellings|
Please download the curriculum overviews below to see what your child will be learning this term. For more information about the National Curriculum, simply speak with your child's Teacher or visit the National Curriculum website.
Files to Download
Year 5: Blog items
Year 5 Acts of Kindness, by Mrs Salisbury
Science Week Year 5 - Exploring Earth, Sun and Moon, by Mrs Salisbury