The Pupil Premium is additional fundingfor publicly funded schools in England. It is designed to help disadvantaged pupils of all abilities to perform better and close the gap between them and their peers. Funding is based on children registered for a free school meal, further reinforcing the importance of making sure all those who qualify are actually registered.
Your child may be entitled to receive free school meals if you are entitled to receive one of the following:
* Income Support
* Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
* Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
* Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
* The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
* Child Tax Credit, provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual income that does not exceed £16,190.
To apply, please call: 0300 1237021 or apply online at www.cheshirewestandchester.gov.uk
What happens next?
Your entitlement will begin on the day your application is processed by the Customer Contact Centre, not the date you become eligible to any of the stated benefits. Claims will NOT be backdated. A letter of entitlement will be sent to the school.
Until school receives confirmation of your childs' entitlement, any school meals taken would be charged at the current daily rate.